Harry is processing almost the same way for each and every model he works with:
- Contact / invitation to be a part of the project
- Send a copy of the contract
- Ask for some photos of the outfits they want to wear for the session
- Scouting (Harry goes to the city to see the actual situation of the streets to check for construction works or events in planning)
- Selection of date, usually on a Saturday
- With all the above information, Harry makes a plan and a route for the session.
For the project Harry uses a Nikon D-810, one prime lens Nikon 85mm 1.8 (back-up camera = Nikon D-300 with a 50mm 1.4 lens) and works with available light plus two off–camera flash units (Nikon) on tripods. As light modifiers he uses 40x40 cm softbox, snoot, grid.
For the camera settings Harry mostly reads the ambient light of the background and add extra light to the model without TTL. Color chart check every time possible.
Harry knows well how his camera catches skin tones and what chromatic aberration the lens he uses has, so he doesn’t spend so much time making readings for “a perfect” white balance.